Seth Batbileg (Appointed or Placed/Strongly Gifted)


John 14:18
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

Birthed in our Hearts June of 2007

The Lord revealed your sweet face
October 20th, 2008 at 2:28pm
Met you for the first time April 10th 2009
You are Officially Ours April 20th, 2009
We are HOME!!! April 24th, 2009

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reality sets in for all....

Reality has set in for all and communication has been an issue today.....Seth takes "no" very personal and thinks we are just being mean....we cant tell him in Mongolian that he can't bounce the ball in the hotel room as the people down stairs might get mad.....he just thinks Derek is a big bully when he takes the ball away.....We also had to leave a restaurant at lunch because he was insisting on having his knife so he can run it across the top of his hand.....he has never really used utensils from what we can tell. Bread and broth and they just drink the broth out of the bowl. Again, we cant explain that we don't want him to hurt himself and that children don't use knives. He screamed and would not stop, so we left as it was a packed lunch time crowd. Need i say more, you know how to pray now!! We try really hard with Mongolian phrases and key words/flashcards/pictures books...We have had several breakdowns today for this very reason.....they told us that he is understanding more than he lets on and uses that to his advantage. When our social worker came this afternoon, she talked to him about these issues in Mongolian and also asked him if he wanted to go back to his friends and the nannies at the orphanage....He said "NO" very clear and very loud. He does understand!! We did not know that she was asking him this but I guess it is good to know where we stand:)

Sad thing is, we are going to his orphanage tomorrow....for his going away party, we hope this goes well!! Nothing worse than bringing them back after you have taken them....he may be thrilled and he may think we are taking him back after today which could make for quite the visit,we are praying for the best scenario....Also, had our Visa Embassy appt and they are telling us that we will have his visa by 3pm tomorrow....we leave for the airport at 1000pm, nothing like last minute to make the old heart race!!

We can't wait to get home...to our kids, family, friends, beds, food etc....

Many thanks to our faithful friends, dont stop praying yet!! We have a long journey ahead of us. 29 hours of travel with 2 children and 1 that does not understand us....

Stacy & Derek

Nate, Dad wanted me to tell you that Seth takes after you...he walked 2 blocks and was needing an ambulance:) LOL!!! Give Kate a hug from me..miss you guys like crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello you guys. I hope all goes well with his party at the orphanage, I' sure that he still wants to leave with you all. I guess that he is truly a Petrin, said that about Maiah too, remember way back when, we said she was going to the right family. I have not been ignoring you, when I go online to chat, no-one is there, then I have to unplug, remember that I have dial-up and I can't leave it on, otherwise I don't get any phone calls....We had a few people trying to get in touch with us, sold a ladder in the yard sale and the guy has to call us and I need my house phone available as Nate sometimes has a dead cell phone. You know how nervous I am taking care of 2 kids everyday, can tell you some stories .....Nate went to school today, even though he called me at 11:20 p.m. last night thinking his fever might have come back, sorry, if you saw what he did and ate during the day, so, I told him " GOOD TRY ". Will be picking him up at 3 pm, I'll see if he survived, ha ha.. Hope all goes well, I'm off to pick Mad at the airport, see ya real soon.