Seth Batbileg (Appointed or Placed/Strongly Gifted)


John 14:18
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

Birthed in our Hearts June of 2007

The Lord revealed your sweet face
October 20th, 2008 at 2:28pm
Met you for the first time April 10th 2009
You are Officially Ours April 20th, 2009
We are HOME!!! April 24th, 2009

Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Outing!!





Well, we showed up to the orphanage around 1045 this morning to pick up Seth and he came with us without hesitation. However, he was very quiet on the long ride out to our destination. He did warm up a bit and seemed very excited to see the huge Chinggis Khaan Statue. It is a massive sight and pictures do not do it justice. We saw big smiles when the guard dressed in traditional costume offered him his sword for a picture....he is all boy!!! Fruit snacks and goldfish were big hits on the ride too!! He opened his fruit snacks and put every last one into his mouth all at once....I think he was afraid that Maiah was going to take one....he did not see that she had her own. Anyway, I started poking at his bulging cheek and we both began to laugh while our driver told him one at a time in Mongolian!! We just keep trying to put ourselves in his shoes and are sure the day we leave with him for good will be very difficult for him. He, unlike Maiah is internalizing everything where Maiah just let it all out. He has 2 very close friends that he as been with for over 5 years and I know that goodbye will be very hard for him. We took him to lunch and that went well, he is a great eater. I guess it helped that we went to a Mongolian restaurant.....however our Mongolian/American, Maiah ate nothing. Maiah was sad that he had to go back to the orphanage and keeps asking when he will come home with us. They did a little bonding today and held hands everywhere they went. When we said goodbye, we did gets hugs and kisses and he knows that we are coming back tomorrow. However, Derek and I agreed that he seemed glad to be back and went running off without hesitation after saying goodbye. We are kind of glad that we are easing into him being with us permanently....I think it will help with the overall transition. Thanks so much for all your prayers for Seth....keep them coming!!

Here are a few photos from the day.....
We miss you Nate & Kaytlin and can't wait for you to meet your new brother!!

4 comments:

Madeleine Vrona said...

Made me cry again. Happy Blessed Easter my family! My heart goes out to Seth, I can't imagine how he feels, but I do trust that God is going to gently bring him through this process. I am praying for all.

Miss ya and love ya tons,
Mad

Anonymous said...

Stacy and Derek,
Happy Easter! Been reading and watching with you... God is so good! Saw Nate today at church - he'll be with us tomorrow or Tues. night. I know he and Aaron want to spend time together! We're SOOOO excited for you all - and will continue to pray for Seth and all of you as you make this transition. Hard to see through the tears, but it's all good. :) Lots of love and prayers!!! Janet & Dan Knust

Unknown said...

They are so adorable holding hands !!! I am sure that Maiah was leading the way ! I still remember her coming home...I remember thinking such a shy & quiet little one when she got off the plane & all those people just gawking at her in awe of God's miracle ! Look at her now ! Seth will be so "big & grown" soon enough as well---I can only imagine what the future holds for you all !

XOXO to Maiah & Seth
Pinch Derek someone !!
And Derek, Hug Stac for me !!!

I love you all !!!

Lori :) said...

We are soooo happy for you guys! Seth is such a cutie! :) Even though I didn't understand what he was saying - I loved watching him tell that story in your photo album! :) I bet he's a smart kid! :) I also loved what he would say when kids were being mean to him - wait till my daddy comes!! :) How awesome and precious!! :) Can't wait to meet this guy in person. We'll be praying all goes well!